News & Events
Easter Family Fun at The Albert Dock!
17th March 2016
From the popular egg hunt to the adorable animals in the mini-farm, visitors to Albert Dock Liverpool are guaranteed a fun day out for the whole family as we celebrate Easter at Albert Dock.
From Friday-Monday, March 25-28, the North West’s most visited free tourist attraction will have the following family fun:
- A mini-farm in Anchor Courtyard, housing ducklings, chicks and rabbits (Good Friday only).
- Easter Egg Hunt around Albert Dock (Easter Sunday & Monday only).
- Chocolate-making and decorating workshop (Easter Monday only).
- Easter craft workshops making spring-inspired artwork (Good Friday and Easter Saturday only).
- Easter-inspired street entertainers, music and dance.
New to Albert Dock this Easter is Mattel Play! Liverpool (opening March 22) – the brand new family entertainment centre featuring the worlds of Thomas & Friendsᵀᴹ, Bob the Builderᵀᴹ and Fireman Samᵀᴹ under one roof on The Colonnades, and the first of its kind in Europe.
Elsewhere, families can release their creative endorphins at Tate Liverpool’s newest exhibition, Art Gym, and create Henri Matisse-inspired artwork in itsMatisse workshops on Easter Monday; explore 300 years of Liverpool’s waterfront in the On the Waterfront exhibition at Merseyside Maritime Museum, and makeEaster crafts in a free workshop (March 25); understand more about modern-day slavery in the fascinating, Broken Lives exhibition at International Slavery Museum; or immerse yourself in The Beatles with a visit to the award-winning Beatles Story and a ride on the Magical Mystery Tour.
Clare Rawlinson, marketing manager, Albert Dock Liverpool, said: “Albert Dock Liverpool really is the perfect place to bring the whole family to for a fun day out this Easter. See the animals in the mini-farm, create Easter crafts and chocolates to take home in the workshops, and laugh along with our animated and funny street entertainers. There is also an eclectic mix of free exhibitions and events taking place at our world-class attractions, not to mention the arrival of Mattel Play! Liverpool, and a huge selection of restaurants and cafes to choose from to enjoy a spot of lunch.”
Throughout the Easter holiday there are also continued craft workshops for the little ones to enjoy at many of the Albert Dock attractions – while the Dock’s bars and restaurants will be enticing visitors with Easter offers and specials.
Easter on the Dock entertainment (all taking place in the afternoon)
Friday, March 25
- Mini-farm – Anchor Courtyard
- Craft workshop – Ziferblat
- Plucky the Chicken – music, song and farmyard frolics, this is one big bird
Saturday, March 26
- The mischievous Bread and Butter topiary bushes
- Clumsy Me Dance performances
Sunday, March 27
- Albert Dock Easter egg hunt (clues and sheets to be distributed by TIC)
- Clumsy Me Dance performances
- Chic Eggs – giant eggs with style
Monday, March 28
- Chocolate making and decorating workshops – Ziferblat
- Albert Dock Easter egg hunt
- Eggs on legs – dancing eggs that will “crack” you up!